Color schemes

Obviously White Templars are white and, equally obviously, their shoulders and most other markings are black. But as with all armies, there is usually an accent color and I am debating what to do about this. Originally, I had though red was a good choice, because predominantly white with a moderate amount of black and just a dash of red looks awesome. However, as I have become more and more a fan of the idea that the White Templars are a later founding descendant of the Dark Angels (meaning they still follow the standard codex), I have been strongly leaning towards throwing just a touch of Dark Angel Green (on white primer) into the army as an homage to their founding chapter.

I have also been wondering if I should paint my terminators differently. It makes sense because the Dark Angels do so and it could be another homage to the founding chapter. Previously, I had been planning to deck out the terminators in white and make a lot of their cloaks and gear Dark Angel Green, and I may still do that. It would harmonize with the rest of the army well. However, other options present as well. I could follow the Dark Angel's lead and invert my color scheme, making the Terminators all black with white (or gold) markings; I could keep the Dark Angel Green gear too. Or I could make them primarily Dark Angel Green with white cloaks and such. Or I could go for something totally different to make them stand out from the rest of the army - something like electric blue or electric blue and black; and then have white cloaks etc.

What do you all think?

Comments

Popular Posts