Riptides and poison weapons

Around here, the Tau Riptide is causing some amount of consternation. In discussing it with some friends, it occurred to me that this thing shares a lot of important characteristics with such beasties as the demon prince or some of the big Tyranid baddies -- high toughness, lots of wounds, and easy visibility from all over the battle field. It also has guns and armor of course. In past games, I've noticed that my Dark Eldar can really do a number on Tyranids and demon princes because the poison weapons do not care about the target's toughness. The DE can put a LOT of shots on target, half of which will wound on average. Volume of fire overcomes both 5W and armor saves. So I'm thinking that the DE will be good against Riptides. Mind you, tau are ALWAYS a hard fight for the DE, and I expect the rest of a Tau army to give me fits. But I have to admit, I'm looking forward to seeing if I'm right about the Riptide.

Comments

Popular Posts