Finally, painted figures

I finally have some pictures of the painted models that I have been posting that I am painting for over a year now. Actually, I had finished stuff about a month ago, I just didn't get around to photographing it... and I still haven't. The first unit I finished was a tactical squad, but I haven't photographed them. Ihe second unit I finished was half a terminator squad (meaning 5 models) and I haven't photographed them either. The next unit I finished was half a second tactical squad... which I also haven't photographed.

But then I finished a Thunderfire Cannon, a Dreadnought, and a Librarian in Tactical Dreadnought Armor. And I took pictures of all of them. On my iPhone which is why they are kind of blurry in some places.  Sorry.


So without further ado...



With the dread, I added a mossy log that I am rather proud of.  What I might change would be making the entire side of the sarcophagus gold.  The shoulders conform to my veteran patterns.  Finally, I gave him some personal heraldry on his knee.  This guy basically came from the Assault on Black Reach box, and, aside from adding the mossy log, I also added the smoke launcher on top.







The base of the Thunderfire is a plastic card.  It took a long, long time to get a smooth white on the plates, but overall I am very happy with it.  I especially liked the bronze on the end of the gun barrel and the radar screens on both the rear of the cannon and the one the Techmarine is holding.  I wish I had been able to do better with the striping on the shells.  Putting this thing together was horrible - like unto the infamous Empire Steam Tank where nothing fit together well.  I have a second one, but I'm not going to get any more.




I really like the way the librarian turned out.  His pose is dynamic and I was able to incorporate the added storm shield into it perfectly.  As noted, the shield is supposed to be a Storm Shield and since GW is not inclined to bitz any longer, I'll use other things like this.  Originally, I had the storm bolter glued on the end of his arm like he was whipping around shooting, but then I realized that I wanted a Storm Shield and that the SS and the SB were mutually exclusive.  So I pried off the storm bolter and glued on the open hand.  I added what looks like the epistolary symbol in gold across the top of a chaos shield from fantasy (which was more terminator sized anyway).  This guy is designed to ride around with the terminators using Gate to keep them moving.  His other power will either be null zone or Vortex.  I should also note that this is the model in which I have had to use the most pins.  Ever.

Comments

Popular Posts